For whatever reason, the movie blogosphere tends to trust that Variety and Hollywood Reporter will have their facts right. Maybe it’s because they’re so old. Maybe it’s just hand-me-down naivety and accepted wisdom.
But sometimes the trades aren’t right. Is this one of those times?
Yesterday, I brought you “news” from that Joseph Gordon-Levitt‘s role in The Dark Knight Rises had been “confirmed”.
And now, I bring you more “news” that, actually, it “hasn’t”. Potential spoilers follow, so be wary.
Variety had said that JGL would be playing Alberto Falcone. Entertainment Weekly now say that they’ve spoken to “a source close to the situation” who tells them that Variety were wrong, and he won’t have that role at all. They don’t offer any info on who he will be playing, mind.
Okay, my white flag is up. Until I see a press release from Warner Bros. or images of Gordon-Levitt in a dead giveaway costume (something green and ?y, maybe), then I’m dropping out of the conversation. on who the actor will or won’t be playing in this movie.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014