Correction to world, The Sandman is AWAKE! :) Psyched to be working with @neilhimself on developing one of the greatest series ever! Sandman in any form – comics to live action – doesn’t work without @neilhimself
@neilhimself, of course being Neil Gaiman, the co-creator of the Vertigo comic that will form the basis for this TV show. Having him actively contributing to the show is very good news indeed.
We previously heard that Eric Kripke, the creator of Supernatural, had been appointed to bring Sandman to the screen. He’s the man who this weekend raised the alarm and reported that the show had stalled, though in light of what Johns has now tweeted, I would wonder if it’s not simply a case of Warner Bros. TV taking the show out of one pair of hands and putting it in another.
Sorry, Supernaturaleers, but you won’t see me complaining about this.
Now. Let’s see if Mark Romanek can hop over from his pilot for Locke & Key to do the honours for Sandman too. It only takes a quick look at his Bedtime Stories, Closer and Perfect Drug music videos to see how he’s got the right stuff for this gig.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014