Here are eight recently published comic books that are currently breaking the $100 barrier based on actual reported sales. No CGC, no chase variant covers, no signed editions, no hardcovers or out-of-print collections, just the bare bones of your standard floppy comic book. Do you have any of these in your collection? If so… how long will they stay in your collection?
1. New Mutants #98 by Fabian Nicieza and Rob Liefeld for Marvel and features the first appearance of Deadpool. Original price $1.50 Current market price $195. May 2010 price $70. That’s a massive jump up again, and likely to join the Two Hundred Dollar Club next time.
2. Walking Dead #2 by Robert Kirkman and Tony Moore for Image. More from the zombie comic turning into a TV series. Really strong performances here. Original price $2.99. Current market price $150. Price in May $140.
3. Miracleman 15 by Alan Moore and John Totleben for Eclipse. A massive jump here for this, the rarest of the Miracleman books and the first of the very nasty superhero fights that would inform the likes of Marshal Law, Bratpack, The Authority and The Boys in years to come. Original price $1.75. Current market price $150.
4. Evil Ernie #1 by Brian Pulido and Steven Hughes for Eternity. It looks like the return of Lady Death to Boundless/Avatar has brough new attention to her first appearance. Original price $2.50. Current market price $120.
5. Goon #2 by Eric Powell for Avatar. Also going through a bit of a boom period, with issue 1 going for north of $200. And it’s knocking on down the rest of the issues. Original price $3. Current market price $110.
6. Evil Ernie #2 by Brian Pulido and Steven Hughes for . The first appearance of Lady Death on a cover. Original price $2.50. Current market price $110.
7. Invincible #1 by Robert Kirkman and Cory Walker. Original price $1.99. Current market price $110. Back in February 2010, this was going for $35…
8. Goon #3 by Eric Powell for Avatar. Original price $3. Current market price, $100. Price in May, $54.
9. GI Joe Special #1 The Todd McFarlane comic that Marvel refused to print and got another artist to draw instead – then printed a few years later when Todd suddenly got all hot and Marvel realised they had a complete Todd issue in the bottom drawer… original price, $1.50. Current market price $100. Price in February 2010, $77.50.
- Boom’s Firefly #1 Has Pre-Orders of 57,291 Copies – Any More For Any More? - October 23, 2018
- Victor Gorelick Does Not Pay Tribute to Archie’s Co-CEO Nancy Silberkleit - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: What’s Up With The Inhumans Then? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Sorry, Jane Foster Isn’t Getting Her Own Comic Book? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Charles Soule – From Daredevil to Star Wars - October 23, 2018