Forbes has reported on a new trend in publishing, English language busienss comics. Already a monster of a form in Japan, this seems to be a new way condense a treatise into a more manageable and intuitive form.
They highlight a 51 page comic version of Shut Up, Stop Whining & Get a Life by Larry Winget.
They quote Corey Michael Blake of publisher Round Table Companies saying “We’re taking the PowerPoint version of these books and illustrating them out.
Other titles include Overachievement: The Science of Working Less to Accomplish More by Dr John Eliot, The Long Tail by Chris Anderson, The Art Of War by Sun Tzu, How To Master The Art Of Selling by Tom Hopkins and Mi Barrio by Robert Renteria in April, with The Prince by Machiavelli, What Got You Here Won’t Get You There by Marshall Goldsmith, Fortune Favours The Bold by Franco Arda and Everything’s Okay by Alesia Shute.
And the payment for the original writers? $100 each for 20% royalties. The price of these fifty page comics? $12.95 in print. Now that’s a business mark up I can really appreciate.
- Who Will Be the First to Cosplay as Batman: Damned’s Homestuck Girl? - September 19, 2018
- Meet Xandra – the Daughter of Professor X and Lilandra Neramani - September 19, 2018
- How The First Page of Batman: Damned #1 Does Killing Joke, Dark Knight and Arkham Asylum In One - September 19, 2018
- Rick & Morty Return to the Cronenberg Dimension in Oni Press’ December 2018 Solicits - September 19, 2018
- Comedy Central’s #CancelSouthPark Ads Come to DC Comics - September 19, 2018