Forbes has reported on a new trend in publishing, English language busienss comics. Already a monster of a form in Japan, this seems to be a new way condense a treatise into a more manageable and intuitive form.
They highlight a 51 page comic version of Shut Up, Stop Whining & Get a Life by Larry Winget.
They quote Corey Michael Blake of publisher Round Table Companies saying “We’re taking the PowerPoint version of these books and illustrating them out.
Other titles include Overachievement: The Science of Working Less to Accomplish More by Dr John Eliot, The Long Tail by Chris Anderson, The Art Of War by Sun Tzu, How To Master The Art Of Selling by Tom Hopkins and Mi Barrio by Robert Renteria in April, with The Prince by Machiavelli, What Got You Here Won’t Get You There by Marshall Goldsmith, Fortune Favours The Bold by Franco Arda and Everything’s Okay by Alesia Shute.
And the payment for the original writers? $100 each for 20% royalties. The price of these fifty page comics? $12.95 in print. Now that’s a business mark up I can really appreciate.
- Blackstar Warrior Gets an Explosive Trailer From Brown Sugar - June 23, 2018
- Nick Derington Drawing Brian Bendis’ Batman for Walmart Exclusive DC Comics - June 23, 2018
- 10 Things We Can Tell You About Ta-Nehisi Coates’ Captain America #1 With Leinil Yu - June 23, 2018
- UPS Strike Off, Comic Stores Spared Disruption - June 23, 2018
- Heavy Metal’s Taarna Gets a Funko POP, Exclusive at SDCC 2018 - June 23, 2018