Once again the Nine Inch Nails messageboard has been the site of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter news – or, in this case, anti-news. Read on for the ANTI-SPOILER. You have been ANTI-WARNED.
Trent Reznor himself has posted that he will neither be acting in nor providing music for the film after all. Here’s his comment:
Don’t believe everything you read. As it turns out, I WON’T be working on (acting or scoring) ALVH after all. There’s no juicy story here, it’s just that when the news mysteriously leaked out about my involvement I hadn’t made up my mind completely, because various aspects of the project were changing. I felt the need to say something earlier this week because my inbox was filling up with speculation, and at that moment I thought I would be doing it. Confused yet? Apparently I am. Bottom line, I wish them the best with the film and I’m sure it will still be great.
Hang on. So what does:
I hadn’t made up my mind completely, because various aspects of the project were changing
mean exactly? Has the film in some way been compromised? Has the budget been shrunk enough to deny Reznor sufficient recompense for this work? Has the script turned out to be not good enough?
There was a little bit of good news, at the tail end of Reznor’s comment:
We’re still fully engaged with the Year Zero mini-series, writing away.
Yep, in case you didn’t know, a NiN concept album is to become a TV show.
Thanks to /Film for sharing the forum post.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014