Jim McCarthy, 2000AD artist and specialist in music-related comic books, and brother of Brendon McCarthy, has teamed up with Judge Dredd and Doctor Who artist Brian Williamson for a new graphic novel looking at the life and death of Michael Jackson, according to Digital Spy. Called Neverland, names after Jackson’s home, itself named after the Peter Pan land, the place where young boys go to never get old.
Far from the schlocky media tie-in, McCarthy’s work was recently celebrated for his Sex Pistols biocomic with The Bojeffries Saga‘s Steve Parkhouse.
Michael Jackson’s own graphic novel, written before his death, is still in production.
- After Chelsea Cain and Chuck Wendig – Will Comic Creators Unionize? - October 18, 2018
- The Daily LITG – 18th October 2018 - October 18, 2018
- Titan Scorch Earth on Diablo Comic Book Listings - October 17, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels All Orders for Sandman: Overture Gallery Edition – For Now - October 17, 2018
- Tibalt Appears on Magic The Gathering: Chandra #3, Fandom Goes Wild - October 17, 2018