Jim McCarthy, 2000AD artist and specialist in music-related comic books, and brother of Brendon McCarthy, has teamed up with Judge Dredd and Doctor Who artist Brian Williamson for a new graphic novel looking at the life and death of Michael Jackson, according to Digital Spy. Called Neverland, names after Jackson’s home, itself named after the Peter Pan land, the place where young boys go to never get old.
Far from the schlocky media tie-in, McCarthy’s work was recently celebrated for his Sex Pistols biocomic with The Bojeffries Saga‘s Steve Parkhouse.
Michael Jackson’s own graphic novel, written before his death, is still in production.
- Will Batman be Left at the Bat Altar? - May 27, 2018
- A View From Nigeria On Black Panther #1 by Ta-Nehisi Coates and Daniel Acuña - May 27, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 27th May 2018 – From MCM London Comic Con - May 27, 2018
- Doctor Strange, Deadpool, Immortal Hulk, Tony Stark Iron Man All Sell Out First Issues - May 27, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 27th May 2018 – Everyone Loves Josh Middleton - May 27, 2018