Jim McCarthy, 2000AD artist and specialist in music-related comic books, and brother of Brendon McCarthy, has teamed up with Judge Dredd and Doctor Who artist Brian Williamson for a new graphic novel looking at the life and death of Michael Jackson, according to Digital Spy. Called Neverland, names after Jackson’s home, itself named after the Peter Pan land, the place where young boys go to never get old.
Far from the schlocky media tie-in, McCarthy’s work was recently celebrated for his Sex Pistols biocomic with The Bojeffries Saga‘s Steve Parkhouse.
Michael Jackson’s own graphic novel, written before his death, is still in production.
- From East Asian to Caucasian – Psylocke Switches Back on Wednesday - August 17, 2018
- Court Places 3-Year Restraining Order on Keya Morgan to Stay Away from Stan Lee - August 17, 2018
- All The Reasons Batman’s Atheism Doesn’t Make Sense – and One That Does - August 17, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List – 17th August 2018 – Batman, Justice League, and WicDiv Top Chart - August 17, 2018
- The Ugly Side of Comics: The Golden Age – Michael Davis, From The Edge - August 17, 2018