Jim McCarthy, 2000AD artist and specialist in music-related comic books, and brother of Brendon McCarthy, has teamed up with Judge Dredd and Doctor Who artist Brian Williamson for a new graphic novel looking at the life and death of Michael Jackson, according to Digital Spy. Called Neverland, names after Jackson’s home, itself named after the Peter Pan land, the place where young boys go to never get old.
Far from the schlocky media tie-in, McCarthy’s work was recently celebrated for his Sex Pistols biocomic with The Bojeffries Saga‘s Steve Parkhouse.
Michael Jackson’s own graphic novel, written before his death, is still in production.
- Okay… How About a Fantastic Four #1 for June as Well? - February 22, 2018
- More DC/Hanna-Barbera Crossover Comics, Including Super-Sons/Dynomutt - February 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Fresh Start and Rick Remender and Bengal’s Death Or Glory on Front of Next Week’s Diamond Previews - February 22, 2018
- Image Comics Solicits for May 2018 – the Day After Image Expo (Pics Update) - February 22, 2018
- Marvel Rumours Spilling Out of ComicsPRO – A Cosmic Ghost Rider Series? - February 22, 2018