Here are six recently published comic books that are currently breaking the $200 barrier based on actual reported sales. No CGC, no chase variant covers, no signed editions, no hardcovers or out-of-print collections, just the bare bones of your standard floppy comic book. Do you have any of these in your collection? If so… how long will they stay in your collection?
1. Mouse Guard #1 by David Petersen from Comixpress. The original first printing in black and white, before it was picked up for colour treatment. Original price $3. Current market price $566, over double what this book was selling for last May. It’s a Walking Dead killer.
2. The Walking Dead #1 by Robert Kirkman and Tony Moore, Image. Original price $2.99. Current market price: $400 – forty-five dollars more than it was selling for before the show went to air, back in May.
3. Amazing Spider-Man #300 by David Michelenie and Todd McFarlane, Marvel. Original price $1.50 Current market price $200. This was selling for $75 in May after hitting $119 in February. It’s all over the place.
4. Chew #1 by John Layman and Rob Guillory, Image. Original price $2.99. Current market price $200. In May this was going for $45 and had dropped out of the chart. Things have changed.
5. Walking Dead #2 by Robert Kirkman and Tony Moore, Image. More from the zombie comic turning into a TV series. Really strong performances here. Original price $2.99. Current market price $200. Price in May $140.
6. The Goon Comics #1 by Eric Powell, Avatar. Original cover price $3. Current market price $200. Price in May, $45
These represent some significant price rises for a number of modern day comics, as well as the million dollar selling Golden Age and Silver Age comics.
- Let’s All Watch Frank Miller And Klaus Janson Talk Will Eisner For Over An Hour - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Writers, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Artists, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Who’s Behind The Vault Door In Doctor Who Series Ten? (VIDEO) - April 30, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters 30th April 2017 – I Like Big Bids And I Cannot Lie - April 30, 2017