Kate Atherton writes for Bleeding Cool:
Novelist and scriptwriter Michael Chabon is teaming up with his wife and fellow author Ayelet Waldmen to rewrite history. Variety reveal that HBO’s “offbeat” drama project Hobgoblin will pit “a motley crew of conmen and magicians” against Hitler, no doubt wreaking havoc on the Third Reich. But not with guns – with deception and illusion.
Chabon is perhaps best known for his novels Wonder Boys, The Adventures of Kavalier and Clay and The Mysteries of Pittsburgh. Scott Rudin and Joel and Ethan Coen are currently adapting Chabon’s novel The Yiddish Policemen’s Union for Sony* while Chabon has also written a script draft for David Fincher’s 2013 movie, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Captain Nemo. Hobgoblin will be the first time Chabon has worked with Ayelet Waldmen, who will also be producing the project with him through Le Grisbi Prods.
*Editor’s note: We hope so anyway. Progress was being made when anything concrete last came out, so we’re hoping it’s still on.
Editor’s second note: I’ve edited this, with Kate’s blessing, to clarify what the show will be about.
- Massive Mighty Morphin Spoilers For The Power Rangers Movie, Revealed - March 11, 2017
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015