Harry Potter has Lego. Pirates of the Caribbean has Lego. Toy Story has Lego. Indiana Jones has Lego. Peter Jackson and Steven Spielberg’s Tintin has…
Frank Hornby invented this construction kit toy in 1901. It’s a build-your-own-industrial-revolution-in-a-box, all nuts, bolts, mini-girders, gears and pulleys. It probably fueled enough youngsters into a love of Engineering that without it, the world be a slightly less mechanical place.
The first Tintin toys were revealed by Toy News, who then pulled the page with no explanation. But it’s okay, I pulled the image and have it here now, for posterity.
Boys’ own constructor toys for this boy’s own adventure movie. Good match.
Tintin will be out at the end of the year. While it remains to be seen how it performs in American cinemas, I’m sure it will be a smash in Europe.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014