Over at the Statue Marvels forum, professional genre statue designers are posting their designs off to fans and getting instant feedback. And Randy Bowen has been showing off his company’s new Wasp designs. And while response has been mostly positive, there is one wrinkle. Or rather, a few wrinkles.
We had the initial designs, but there were comments about the heels – and that the Wasp wears flat shoes with this costume.
So Randy provided a version without heels
But there was a new problem. The comments came flooding in…
I must admit I don’t like the saggy butt with the suit.
doesn’t look right
To bad that nice and rounded butt gone !
lessen the butt wrinkles
looks better without the heels! and pls lessen the butt wrinkles.
Wha hap to that sweet can, loose the wrinkles as much as possible…
Oh no, what happened to her butt!! I was all rounded and awesome, now it’s gone. Did she change costumes? Put the other one back on!!! I preferred the snug in the butt area one!!
clearly…once she kicked off the high-heels her butt was able to relax a bit causing the latex she is wearing to bunch up. Simple case of “for every action there is an opposite reaction”. You want a sexy ass you have to have the sexy shoes.
Gosh we are a bunch of whinny geeks….myself included
Please lessen the butt-wrinkles too.
We need a “no but wrinkles” poll!! Please please revert back to the nice butt, none of the other statues have wrinkly butts…Black Cat with butt wrinkles? I don’t think so!
I would like the old bum back please, it looked fantastic, butt wrinkles are rubbish.
I agree…bring back the butt
So Randy posted a comparison picture.
To predictable response.
left left left!!! Go for the left!!!
Yes…..the one on the left! FWAP! Sorry…..got carried away.
Just so you know, I think that in the one on the left – Jan has the answer to world peace right there.
The one on the left please
looks awesome so far, I agree with everyone else definitely lose the but wrinkles. The one on the left!
Left looks much better and she looks a thousand times better with the heels.
Please don’t listen to the wet blankets, keep the heels.
The one on the left sans heels!
That’s Not Fair!!! Foul!!! Took out the heels but wrinkled the Gluteus Maximus part of the costume??? I say Foul!!! Leave out the high heels and firm up the backside!!!
1. Rather then have her on her toes and have the stripper heel. Go with a wedge heel instead. Look at wedge boots, not wedge stripper shoes. Also it’ll keep her calf stretched
2. keep some of the wrinkles, but more subtle wrinkles.
3. Modern wasp has 4 wings not two, and real wasps have 4 wigs.
4. Add some seam lines, right now it looks like a woman’s nude body, painted black.
5. Contour the armor plates more, it looks flat.
Randy replied to the last saying;
1) it may end up that way
2) it may end up that way, depending on Marvel
3) depends who’s art you’re looking at. I know real wasps have 4 wiNgs.
4) what’s wrong with a woman’s nude body painted black? Isn’t that the way she’s illustrated? (depending on who’s art you’re looking at.)
5) good suggestion.
So… what will Marvel say?
- Matt Fraction… Not on Jimmy Olsen? DC Fresh Stop? - April 20, 2018
- David F. Walker on a Flash Comic? DC Fresh Start… - April 20, 2018
- Marvel Has 7 Exclusive Retailer Cover Options for July, from Cap to Cosmic - April 20, 2018
- Will Liam Sharp Join Grant Morrison on Green Lantern? DC Fresh Start… - April 20, 2018
- 18 DC Comics Covers for May from Amanda Conner, Frank Cho, Bryan Hitch, Francesco Mattina, and More - April 20, 2018