Kate Atherton writes for Bleeding Cool:
The Expendables 2 is moving forward, which is not surprising considering that it was proposed even before the first one was made. This time, though, the original film’s driving force may be content to take a back seat.
While Sylvester Stallone directed and wrote the first movie, a source has told the LA Times that he is now talking to unnamed directors to find a suitable replacement. Stallone wrote an early draft of the script but that too has been passed on – over to David Agosto and Ken Kaufman, the writing team behind Peter Segal’s forthcoming Wardogs. Kaufmen is also responsible for Space Cowboys and Muppets from Space.
There is no suggestion that Sylvester Stallone won’t play the lead expendable but, should he wish to put his feet up entirely, I’m sure there could be other actors of a certain age out there who have suddenly found themselves with a little spare time.
Expendables 2 is set for release next year but as yet there have been no details of the mission and there are only rumours of other actors attached to it. There are so many of these rumoured actors it’s actually easier to list who hasn’t been mentioned:
- Wesley Snipes.
Not a long list.
Editor’s note: I always thought The Expendables needed to be a bit more Muppets From Space.
- Massive Mighty Morphin Spoilers For The Power Rangers Movie, Revealed - March 11, 2017
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015