It’s always the way, a couple of days after a big show, that’s when the gossip starts to flow this way. Expect a Page Six One Six blind item piece this week, but for now, let’s talk Nick Spencer. With work for DC, Marvel, Image and more, Nick Spencer recently signed an Exclusive deal with Marvel, which precludes him working for DC, though gives him an exclusion clause for his creator owned work for non-DC publishers.
But does this give Spencer’s decision to leave Supergirl with his first issue, #60? At the show, Spencer told people that the reason was that editorial just didn’t like what he was giving them, which is why he only wrote two thirds of the issue, having it finished by the now-ongoing writer James Peaty. However on release, he says the positive reviews saw them change their mind – but by then Nick had signed by Marvel. He told people “it was a hard a choice and for a while it could have gone either way, but in the end Marvel just love what I was doing far more.”
Morning Glories is expected to be around a hundred issues, split into three seasons. The first will end with issue #36. And apparently issue 18 will be the real “game changer” in the series, which will make a good end point for any massive hardcover collection.
- DC Comics Cancel Orders For Batman: Creature Of The Night #4 – Will Return Later in 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Mark Seifert’s Marvel Declassified Returns on December 17th - December 12, 2018
- What Toys do People in the Marvel Universe Buy? Amazing Spider-Man #11 Reveals All - December 12, 2018
- Valiant Announces ‘Breakthrough’ Line-Up for 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Is Brian Azzarello Rewriting the Deaths of Thomas and Martha Wayne in Batman Damned? (Spoilers) - December 12, 2018