And I didn’t spend 6 years in evil comic book school to be called mister, thankyouverymuch. These are the things people read here today, etc, etc. Anyway, here’s an important message about the new amazing:
Last night, as part of the Cubango samba school parade at Rio Carnival 2011, a number of models dressed up, if that’s the word, as Storm, Elektra, Wonder Woman, Spider-Woman and She Ra. And by “dressed” I mean “painted.
It was a year ago that we saw the Great Amazon Glitch, as our collective hopes of getting $100 Madman hardcovers for $14 were raised. Most of those orders came to nothing, but hundreds did get various Omnibi for next to nothing.
It’s always the way, a couple of days after a big show, that’s when the gossip starts to flow this way. Expect a Page Six One Six blind item piece this week, but for now, let’s talk Nick Spencer.
It’s nice to hear from the little people sometimes, isn’t it?
The vintage comics scene is in shock this afternoon with the news that the CGC 9.6 copy of Amazing Fantasy #15, the first appearance of Spider-Man by Steve Ditko and Stan Lee, has sold in a private transaction for $1.1 million.
The thing we didn’t tell you today: There’s going to be a Charlie Sheen comic book. But some things belong to the world.
- Emma Watts Will Lead 20th Century Fox Film in the Disney Era - October 18, 2018
- Happy! Season 2: Making Easter Great Again with Weird Al and More Morrison Magic - October 6, 2018
- Mile High Pedigree Planet Comics Run Coming To ComicConnect Event Auction Beginning November 12 - October 5, 2018
- Batman 1839, Part 1: Mad Men of Gotham - September 18, 2018
- Getting Ready for the Year of the Bat - September 16, 2018