It is a truth universally acknowledged that a little bit of Cary Elwes goes a long way, but his casting in the new TV Wonder Woman might be a case of too little, too late. According to Deadline he’ll be playing Harry Demeter, CEO of Themyscira Industries. This is the big corporation that Diana runs on the side of dressing up in a funny costume and catching baddies with a magic lasso.*
In the comic, Candy looked like this:
Then in the draft of David E. Kelley’s script that I read, she was described like this:
Obviously, Diana isn’t the only character to be reinvented somewhat.
The Wonder Woman pilot will film in the coming weeks, and if you’re muscly enough, you could be part of it.
*She has that lasso, and those bracelets, and still people are sceptical about this TV show because it has Diana running a big corporation and having ice-cream sleepovers? That’s a pretty clear indicator of what we want from our Wonder Woman (ie. fighting and dressing up).
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014