Violet and Daisy is to be the directorial debut of Geoffrey Fletcher, the screenwriter of Precious. Saoirse Ronan and Alexis Bledel (replacing Carey Mulligan) star as a pair of teenage “hit girls”, and the film has been described as an “action comedy”.
The picture was shot late last year in New York City, and there has yet to be any official release of images, clips or marketing materials of any kind – which is no surprise, seeing as it will still be in post-production right now, and likely without any kind of guaranteed release timetable or distribution plan.
Some footage has sneakily peeped up, however, in the latest showreel for the film’s cinematographer, Vanja Cernjul. The sharp eyes of Shadow and Act spotted this, and brought it to our attention. Thanks Shadow, thanks Act.
You want to see 0:00-0:13, 1:57-2:00 and 2:16 to 2:25. Footage so good that Cernjul is using it to get new gigs.
SOMEBODY WAS GOING TO GET IN A LOT OF TROUBLE IF WE DIDN’T… AND IT WASN’T US
So what do we see? A bit of symmetry, a bit of asymmetry against a symmetrical backdrop, a bit of natural sunlight, some Saoirse Ronan, some Alexis Bleedell and some James Gandolfini.
Not a huge amount to go on, then.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014