Boris Vallejo is famous for his images of manly men Tarzan, Conan, Doc Savage, and of lots and lots and lots of almost-naked women. He’s also done a nice series of superhero images, from Ant Man to Wolverine.
So, getting this man to design and paint a poster for Quentin Dupieux’s killer tire movie, Rubber was a rather winning idea. Gets the power of the tire across brilliantly.
I’d be surprised if the poster wasn’t actually created by collaboration between Vallejo and Julie Bell, his model, muse, wife and collaborator.
UPDATE: Dupieux has tweeted the following:
I fucking hate the poster they use on itunes US right now. They fucked me. That’s not my movie. Fuck them! Don’t buy RUBBER !
I don’t think we can take that on face value.
Thanks to David Blot for the heads up.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014