Last year Bleeding Cool reported, to much derision, that the Avengers movie had a budget for around what Sam Raimi’s first Spider-Man movie cost back in 2002, in real terms at least, despite having all all star cast, and portraying several superpowered characters on screen simultaneously. That was $140 million, more like $200 million in today’s money.
Well, the Plain Dealer reports that the Ohio governor is trying to attract a Marvel/Disney movie with a budget of $40 million to film in Cleveland, previously scheduled for Detroit.
Which is The Avengers.
But $40 million?
Okay that may just be the amount spent filming in location. It may not include special effects. It certainly won’t include any promotional budget. But even so, $40 million? Well, the Marvel accountants seem to be negotiating with a number of states… and that’s a lot cheaper than filming on the streets of Manhattan. So, what do you think, Cleveland?
From mister garbage…
- A Host Of New Comics Announced At C2E2 From Lion Forge - April 25, 2017
- An Unannounced Issue Of Surgeon X To Be Digitally Published Tomorrow, By Sara Kenney And Warren Pleece - April 25, 2017
- Marvel’s Agents Of Hydra Shout Sheets For Fitz And Simmons…. It’s Not Looking Good - April 25, 2017
- How Faith And Ninjak Went To Homecoming Together – Courtesy Of David Lafuente - April 25, 2017
- Titans – The DC Live-Action TV Series Alongside Season 3 Of Young Justice, On DC’s Own Streaming TV Service For 2018 - April 25, 2017