Last year was the year I fell in love with Doctor Who, some 30-odd years later than you might expect. Despite some pretty poor episodes, the series actually hit amazing new highs, particularly with its premiere and finale episodes. Along the way were plenty of other impressive moments, not least of which was The Doctor’s relationship with Craig Owens in the episode called The Lodger.
Craig was played by James Corden, the under appreciated co-writer of Gavin and Stacey, who sadly appears to have alienated audiences somewhat with his gossip column hijinks and a few less discerning career moves. Nonetheless, I’m very happy to see him back on Who.
It isn’t clear yet which episode Corden will be in, or what he’ll be up to. Maybe he’ll be the Doctor’s new companion after Amy and Rory get exterminated in the half-way cliffhanger episode?*
Or maybe… maybe the fact that the pseudo-TARDIS from The Lodger is making a reappearance provides something of a clue? Here’s a still from the 2011 season trailer:
No news yet on a return for Daisy Haggard, who played Craig’s girlfirend Sophie.
We’re about 5-8 weeks away from the new season of Who now. Time to start getting excited?
*Yeah, right. And Red Riding Hood is a werewolf. Some people will believe anything…
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014