Kate Atherton writes for Bleeding Cool:
One of the most satisfying and rewarding uses that I ever put to a £20 note was to buy the complete series of Firefly on DVD. I have watched it several times since and every time I see Nathan Fillion don Mal’s holster, or watch Cobb sneer, or hear Kaylee rev her engines, I always ask myself why oh why was only one series made? This may indeed be one of those unanswerable questions that are found littering history. Nathan Fillion can’t understand it either.
To commemorate the news that Firefly is getting a screening, in sequence and in HD, on The Science Channel, Entertainment Weekly asked Fillion if he would ever want to return to this much-loved role.
It was my favorite job ever. What wasn’t great about it? I got to wear a low-slung holster. I got to ride horses. I got to have a spaceship. I got to act mean and curmudgeonly. [Creator Joss Whedon] is really good at kicking characters in the nuts so the other characters would have laughs at my expense and that was great too.
And even more than that.
If I got $300 million from the California Lottery, the first thing I would do is buy the rights to Firefly, make it on my own, and distribute it on the Internet.
This great idea immediately caught the imagination of some of the many fans of the series and also of Nathan ‘Browncoat’ Fillion himself. A new Facebook page has been set up called ‘Help Nathan Buy Firefly’. If nothing else, this publicity may win new first-time viewers to the series and they may become as hooked as the rest of us in the adventures of Mal, Wash, Cobb, Simon, River, Cobb, Zoe and Kaylee.
It doesn’t do to give up on this one.
- Massive Mighty Morphin Spoilers For The Power Rangers Movie, Revealed - March 11, 2017
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015