As well as there being a Toy Story short before Cars 2 this summer, Pixar’s render wizards are also cooking up another to play with Disney’s The Muppets at Thanksgiving. This will be the first time a non-Pixar feature gets a Pixar short, I believe.
The first of these shorts will be the Hawaii-themed one that we’ve heard about already. It’s either called Stay-cation, Hawaiian Vacation or Hawaiian Stay-cation depending on who I might choose to believe. This toon will play before Cars 2 in the summer.
As for the second… besides revealing that it will play with The Muppets, no details have yet been released. It’s interesting to see how Disney-Pixar are planning to leverage one of their most popular brands – also nice to know that there’s a good deal of Buzz and Woody yet to come.
The news comes from an investors meeting today, during which Disney premiered the first of these Toy Story short and talked up their plans for the next couple of years. Makes me want a few million dollars worth of Disney stock.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014