I’m finishing up something completely different, a superhero movie set in the future. It’s an original superhero … a superhero based sort of on Samson.
Hang on. If you take the biblical character Samson and relocate him to the future and treat him like he’s a superhero, what’s the use in even acknowledging you’re dealing with Samson at all? It must be the hair. It must be that the future hero derives his power from his hair.
Or maybe it’s that bit about bees making honey in the carcass of a lion…? Or when he ties flaming torches to a fleet of foxes in order to commit arson? Or how about the but where he slaughters a thousand men with a donkey’s jawbone?
Crikey. What are they working on?
Silver told NBC that he’s working with producer Erwin Stoff and director Francis Lawrence on the project, and suggests that their key motivation is to conceive a project to get made even without stars attached. Depending on how you slice that, this makes them noble, or sell outs.
Let’s go for noble, give them the benefit of the doubt.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014