The Last Voyage of the Demeter is an movie currently seeking financing, planned to be directed by David Slade, and currently roaring round the trades.
It’s based on one segment of the Bram Stoker Dracula story, the ship that takes the count from Transylvania to Whitby, England. While torturing and murdering the crew. The script is written by Bragi Schut and produced by Phoenix Pictures, and centres on reports left in the captain’s log during the doomed journey. The Dracula character is described in a manner to the xenomorph in Alien.
Ben Kingsley and Noomi Rapace are attached, but Hollywood sources tell Bleeding Cool that the producers are currently in discussion with British actor Jude Law for a lead role. Whether that’s a crewman, or something… darker, we don’t yet know.
But Law does often look a tad pasty, doesn’t he?
- Image Comics To Publish 30 Walking Dead Tribute Variant Covers In October - July 27, 2017
- Captain America #695 Lenticular Cover By Alex Ross Homages John Romita Jr. And Bob Layton’s Iron Man - July 27, 2017
- Rich Johnston At The London Film And Comic Con Tomorrow, Table 38 - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of That Feminist Agenda T-Shirt (Marvel Comics Spoilers) - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of Wizard Magazine: A Guide To Comics? - July 27, 2017