The Last Voyage of the Demeter is an movie currently seeking financing, planned to be directed by David Slade, and currently roaring round the trades.
It’s based on one segment of the Bram Stoker Dracula story, the ship that takes the count from Transylvania to Whitby, England. While torturing and murdering the crew. The script is written by Bragi Schut and produced by Phoenix Pictures, and centres on reports left in the captain’s log during the doomed journey. The Dracula character is described in a manner to the xenomorph in Alien.
Ben Kingsley and Noomi Rapace are attached, but Hollywood sources tell Bleeding Cool that the producers are currently in discussion with British actor Jude Law for a lead role. Whether that’s a crewman, or something… darker, we don’t yet know.
But Law does often look a tad pasty, doesn’t he?
- People Are Adding “Nick Spencer Disclaimers” To Their Captain America T-Shirts - April 23, 2017
- Dark Matter Widens The Divide At DC Comics Between Dan DiDio And Geoff Johns - April 23, 2017
- Killing The 5 Year Timeline – Superman, Flash And Blue Beetle Spoilers For The Week Ahead, Rumbling Around C2E2 (UPDATE) - April 23, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 23rd April 2017 – Batman And Superman Beat Secret Empire, But Redneck And Monstress Rocket Up The Chart - April 23, 2017
- No Gays In Nineties X-Men? That’s What Greek Gods And Goddesses Are For… - April 23, 2017