The Last Voyage of the Demeter is an movie currently seeking financing, planned to be directed by David Slade, and currently roaring round the trades.
It’s based on one segment of the Bram Stoker Dracula story, the ship that takes the count from Transylvania to Whitby, England. While torturing and murdering the crew. The script is written by Bragi Schut and produced by Phoenix Pictures, and centres on reports left in the captain’s log during the doomed journey. The Dracula character is described in a manner to the xenomorph in Alien.
Ben Kingsley and Noomi Rapace are attached, but Hollywood sources tell Bleeding Cool that the producers are currently in discussion with British actor Jude Law for a lead role. Whether that’s a crewman, or something… darker, we don’t yet know.
But Law does often look a tad pasty, doesn’t he?
- Dennis Barger Suffers Mild Heart Attack; Well Wishes from All at Bleeding Cool - December 17, 2017
- The Comic Shop that Helped Inspire a Book Store - December 17, 2017
- Marvel Comics Vs. Monster Energy Trial Delayed a Month, Will Stretch into 2019 - December 17, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List -17th December 2017 – Mister Miracle Beats Out Batman - December 17, 2017
- Steven T. Seagle Wants 19 International Artists to Get Naked - December 17, 2017