The Last Voyage of the Demeter is an movie currently seeking financing, planned to be directed by David Slade, and currently roaring round the trades.
It’s based on one segment of the Bram Stoker Dracula story, the ship that takes the count from Transylvania to Whitby, England. While torturing and murdering the crew. The script is written by Bragi Schut and produced by Phoenix Pictures, and centres on reports left in the captain’s log during the doomed journey. The Dracula character is described in a manner to the xenomorph in Alien.
Ben Kingsley and Noomi Rapace are attached, but Hollywood sources tell Bleeding Cool that the producers are currently in discussion with British actor Jude Law for a lead role. Whether that’s a crewman, or something… darker, we don’t yet know.
But Law does often look a tad pasty, doesn’t he?
- Dark Horse Presents, Cancelled One More Time… - May 29, 2017
- The Writer Who Wouldn’t Talk To His Colourist – Christina Strain Talks About Failure - May 29, 2017
- Secret Empire Plot Affects Marvel Comics’ Memorial Day Tribute - May 29, 2017
- Arya, A New Comic From Sofia Savila And Minjun Chen, Out This August - May 29, 2017
- What Happens In Batman #24 That Will Change Batman From #25 Onward? - May 29, 2017