Cleveland paper, The Plain Dealer reports that her daughter Laura Siegel Larson will be making funeral arrangements.
Joanne famously modelled for fellow Superman co-creator, Jerry Shuster, for the character of Lois Lane. It was through Joe that she met Jerry and they would marry years later, in 1948.
It was Joanna and her daughter Laura who would file copyright termination notice to DC Comics over the Superman and Superboy rights, eventually leading to the courts stating that the Siegel estate shared in copyright of the characters, though the amount of money due is currently in dispute as part of the court process.
Photo by Michael San Giacomo.
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018