Cleveland paper, The Plain Dealer reports that her daughter Laura Siegel Larson will be making funeral arrangements.
Joanne famously modelled for fellow Superman co-creator, Jerry Shuster, for the character of Lois Lane. It was through Joe that she met Jerry and they would marry years later, in 1948.
It was Joanna and her daughter Laura who would file copyright termination notice to DC Comics over the Superman and Superboy rights, eventually leading to the courts stating that the Siegel estate shared in copyright of the characters, though the amount of money due is currently in dispute as part of the court process.
Photo by Michael San Giacomo.
- Free Comic Book Day Event Cancelled In Florida Because It Wouldn’t Mix Well With The Art Crowd… - April 29, 2017
- Comics Folk Eat Popcorn While Reading The #FyreFestival Hashtag… - April 28, 2017
- Unboxing April 2017’s Loot Crate And Skybound – With Comics From X-Files To Extremity… - April 28, 2017
- Digital Sales Down, Print Sales Up, The Paperback Is Powering Back Up - April 28, 2017
- There Will Be Two America #4 Comics In Comic Stores A Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017