I’ve not enjoyed any of the Die Hard films without reservation, and the even numbered ones drove me to distraction. Nonetheless, I’m here to tell you that another is coming, and the creatives are being hired as we speak.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Skip Woods’ screenplay will be translated to the screen by Noam Murro. Murro’s first feature was Smart People, a family drama with Thomas Haden Church, Ellen Page, Dennis Quaid and not much in the way of John McClane-ery. Perhaps a more obviously compatible sample of his back catalogue is this three-minute Halo Reach promo film, Deliver Hope.
Skip Woods previously wrote Thursday, Swordfish, Hitman – but not Thursday Swordfish Hitman. Which sounds far more interesting than any of those actually were.
According to rumours, the big bad this time is a female from the Gruber family. This would test the duelling hypotheses that it’s either a) the odd number of the film or b) the inclusion of a Gruber that prevents a Die Hard film from making me want to burn down cinemas.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014