The Corto Maltese series by Hugo Pratt were last in print in English in the USA in the nineteen eighties. Telling the story of a complex sea adventurer, storytelling techniques and styles were an influence to many, including Frank Miller, Mike Mignola and Guy Davis, those volumes published by NBM have been much sought after, often easily selling for three figures. Consider it a Tintin for grownups.
Well, in September 2011, they are back. Now to be published by Universe, starting with Corto Maltese: Ballad Of The Salt Sea, this is a return for one of the greats to English-language publication.
- Exclusive Funko POP of Lord Drakkon in Comic Stores in January - August 18, 2018
- Venom Finally Looks Like His Chest Symbol - August 18, 2018
- Marvel Finally Reveals What ‘T’Challa’ Actually Means - August 18, 2018
- You Can Find All Sorts of Things on Reddit in the Marvel Universe - August 18, 2018
- Is the Punisher Coming to London’s East End? - August 18, 2018