The Corto Maltese series by Hugo Pratt were last in print in English in the USA in the nineteen eighties. Telling the story of a complex sea adventurer, storytelling techniques and styles were an influence to many, including Frank Miller, Mike Mignola and Guy Davis, those volumes published by NBM have been much sought after, often easily selling for three figures. Consider it a Tintin for grownups.
Well, in September 2011, they are back. Now to be published by Universe, starting with Corto Maltese: Ballad Of The Salt Sea, this is a return for one of the greats to English-language publication.
- Dark Horse Presents, Cancelled One More Time… - May 29, 2017
- The Writer Who Wouldn’t Talk To His Colourist – Christina Strain Talks About Failure - May 29, 2017
- Secret Empire Plot Affects Marvel Comics’ Memorial Day Tribute - May 29, 2017
- Arya, A New Comic From Sofia Savila And Minjun Chen, Out This August - May 29, 2017
- What Happens In Batman #24 That Will Change Batman From #25 Onward? - May 29, 2017