The Corto Maltese series by Hugo Pratt were last in print in English in the USA in the nineteen eighties. Telling the story of a complex sea adventurer, storytelling techniques and styles were an influence to many, including Frank Miller, Mike Mignola and Guy Davis, those volumes published by NBM have been much sought after, often easily selling for three figures. Consider it a Tintin for grownups.
Well, in September 2011, they are back. Now to be published by Universe, starting with Corto Maltese: Ballad Of The Salt Sea, this is a return for one of the greats to English-language publication.
- ‘Mech Cadet Yu’ By Greg Pak And Takeshi Miyazawa Will Be An Ongoing Series - August 19, 2017
- We Talk To The Supergirl Cosplayer “Along For The Ride” At The White Nationalist Rally In Charlottesville - August 19, 2017
- Writer’s Perspective: What I Learned From Creating ‘Robots Vs. Princesses’ - August 19, 2017
- Comic Store In Your Future: The Secret Empire Sales Drop - August 19, 2017
- Disillusionment With Comics Almost Made Me Give Them Up For Good - August 19, 2017