The Corto Maltese series by Hugo Pratt were last in print in English in the USA in the nineteen eighties. Telling the story of a complex sea adventurer, storytelling techniques and styles were an influence to many, including Frank Miller, Mike Mignola and Guy Davis, those volumes published by NBM have been much sought after, often easily selling for three figures. Consider it a Tintin for grownups.
Well, in September 2011, they are back. Now to be published by Universe, starting with Corto Maltese: Ballad Of The Salt Sea, this is a return for one of the greats to English-language publication.
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018
- John Nee is the New Publisher of Marvel Comics - January 16, 2018