Werner Herzog has written a screenplay about Gertrude Bell, a most interesting character, and is looking to Naomi Watts to take on the role and play her in his upcoming movie, Queen of the Desert. Here’s how The Guardian described the real Bell:
One of Oxford University’s most brilliant students, the greatest woman mountaineer of her age, an archaeologist and linguist, passionate, unhappy and rich, Bell saw in Arab male society, and what US President Woodrow Wilson called “the whole disgusting scramble” for the Middle East after the first world war, opportunities that were unthinkable at home.
According to Vulture, Watts is seriously interested in Herzog’s project and it’s now a case of negotiating terms.
Herzog plus desert equals much fun, Watts is just a cherry on top.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014