Little Britain‘s taller, camper and in many respects more ambiguous half has been speaking with BBC Radio’s Chris Evans and has revealed his casting in the upcoming series of Dr. Who.
Before Matt Smith was cast (and if memory serves, before David Tennant was cast too) David Walliams was a tabloid favourite rumour for who would next play the time lord. Perhaps his role in the current run will put paid to any rumours of him picking up the Tardis keys when Smith bows out, though I doubt it.
Here’s what Walliams told Evans this morning:
I’ve actually been offered a part in Dr. Who. I’m very excited about that. Yes, I’ve said yes. I don’t think I can reveal much… I’m an alien.
Walliams said that he’d be shooting the role soon.
Here’s some previous Doctor Who comedies featuring the man in a number of sketches from 1999, along with Mark Gatiss, Paul Putner… and Peter Davison.
- Taking The Comics Out Of Comics - April 30, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 30th April 2017 “The X-Men Are Big Sellers And Marvel Seems To Have Suddenly Remembered That” - April 30, 2017
- Grief For A Dollar - April 30, 2017
- George Pérez “Doing Great, Feeling Much Better” - April 30, 2017
- Entering The Spill Zone With Scott Westerfeld Ahead Of Free Comic Book Day - April 29, 2017