Put It On, an art exhibition at the Nature Morte gallery in Delhi features Superman, Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel as part of a safe sex message to spread awareness of AIDS and sex education.
The work is created by Jiten Thukral and Sumir Tagra who are quoted respectively as saying;
Superman is every girl’s man. He wears latex and saves the world. He is a larger than life character and we have used him as a metaphor to promote safe sex.
We live in the age of Internet where we can see porn films but can not talk about sex to elders. We thought its time to analyse our behaviour towards sex through art,” says Sumir Tagra, calling their effort a behavioural change exercise.
Superman has been used for all sorts of causes, from buying war bonds to stopping smoking. This may be the first time he’s been called upon to use his super-spermicidal breath,
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018