Put It On, an art exhibition at the Nature Morte gallery in Delhi features Superman, Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel as part of a safe sex message to spread awareness of AIDS and sex education.
The work is created by Jiten Thukral and Sumir Tagra who are quoted respectively as saying;
Superman is every girl’s man. He wears latex and saves the world. He is a larger than life character and we have used him as a metaphor to promote safe sex.
We live in the age of Internet where we can see porn films but can not talk about sex to elders. We thought its time to analyse our behaviour towards sex through art,” says Sumir Tagra, calling their effort a behavioural change exercise.
Superman has been used for all sorts of causes, from buying war bonds to stopping smoking. This may be the first time he’s been called upon to use his super-spermicidal breath,
- More Comics Folk Attend Anti-Trump Women’s Marches Around The World #WomensMarch - January 21, 2017
- James Hudnall Pleads For His Friends To Give Trump A Chance - January 21, 2017
- Comics Folk React To (Or Are Part Of) The Women’s Marches Against Donald Trump - January 21, 2017
- Peter Capaldi Joins The Anti-Trump Women’s March In London – Potential Spoiler For The 13th Doctor? - January 21, 2017
- Firefly Fans Represent In Anti-Trump Women’s March In Chicago… - January 21, 2017