Put It On, an art exhibition at the Nature Morte gallery in Delhi features Superman, Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel as part of a safe sex message to spread awareness of AIDS and sex education.
The work is created by Jiten Thukral and Sumir Tagra who are quoted respectively as saying;
Superman is every girl’s man. He wears latex and saves the world. He is a larger than life character and we have used him as a metaphor to promote safe sex.
We live in the age of Internet where we can see porn films but can not talk about sex to elders. We thought its time to analyse our behaviour towards sex through art,” says Sumir Tagra, calling their effort a behavioural change exercise.
Superman has been used for all sorts of causes, from buying war bonds to stopping smoking. This may be the first time he’s been called upon to use his super-spermicidal breath,
- Black Eyed Peas Played The Marvel Party In San Diego Last Night – Video And Photos - July 22, 2017
- The Eisner Awards 2017 – Live, As They Come In - July 21, 2017
- IDW Cut Comics By 25% – And More First Strike, Star Trek, And Black Crown From The Diamond Retailer Presentation - July 21, 2017
- What It Looks Like When Retailers Race To Get Exclusive San Diego Comic-Con Swag - July 21, 2017
- Boom! Studios’ 5 Biggest Problems In Comics, And A ‘Clueless’ Graphic Novel - July 21, 2017