UPDATE: Who knows what to believe anymore? Not me. People quote Stewart’s reps as saying:
“There are a number of fabricated stories circulating. The fact is that she has not met on this film nor has she been approached for this film.”
So, unless the People story is, erm, fabricated itself, you can read this either way – a) Snyder never wanted Stewart; or, b) she’s not yet out of the running.
There was a rumour, like there always was going to be, that Twilight’s Kristen Stewart was being sought for the role of Lois Lane in the upcoming Zack Snyder Superman movie. Because it was so obvious, it seemed incredibly unlikely – the rumour equivalent of a book being hidden in a library, maybe. According to The New York Daily News, not only did Snyder consider Stewart for the role, he had a “definite” interest in her taking it on.
Whatever that means.
But Ms. Stewart passed, citing an interest in “smaller, independent films”, and I can respect that. According to the report, she didn’t go so far as to read for Lois Lane, which probably means Snyder’s definite interest was in getting her to try out. Her and dozens of others, perhaps.
This seems like a the most solid bit of Lois Lane casting news we’ve had so far… and still it tells us nothing. Even with Stewart crossed off of the list there’s still literally millions of young women who could end up with the role.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014