So Fantastic Four #587 shipped a week ago, in its death bag. And some people have discovered their bagged comic contains a black-logo Fantastic Four cover, signed in silver pen by writer Jonathan Hickman, and selling on eBay for up to $300.
But say you are a shop sitting on a pile, still bagged. Wouldn’t you like to know which, if any, copies are signed? Or say you are a punter flicking through the remaining copies on the shelf, wondering which may have the golden Willy Wonka ticket? Without having to buy them all and rip open the bag?
Here’s how you do it.
It has emerged that there have been two types of bags Marvel used in the printing process. One has a solid white logo on it, others have a more transparent white.
If you get the solid white logo on the bag, you’re out of luck. But the transparent white ones are just transparent enough that, if you look with the light at the right angle, you can identity a black logo cover over a blue logo cover.
See a black cover logo, hello $300…
- Tying Up One Of Those Civil War II Hanging Threads In Today’s Ultimates 2… - April 26, 2017
- DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes – Hal, Hell And Harley - April 26, 2017
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017
- Adult Swim Confirms That Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter Is Returning In May - April 26, 2017
- A Comic Store In Your Future – Guardians 2 Will Be A Smash. The Comics, Not So Much. - April 26, 2017