So Fantastic Four #587 shipped a week ago, in its death bag. And some people have discovered their bagged comic contains a black-logo Fantastic Four cover, signed in silver pen by writer Jonathan Hickman, and selling on eBay for up to $300.
But say you are a shop sitting on a pile, still bagged. Wouldn’t you like to know which, if any, copies are signed? Or say you are a punter flicking through the remaining copies on the shelf, wondering which may have the golden Willy Wonka ticket? Without having to buy them all and rip open the bag?
Here’s how you do it.
It has emerged that there have been two types of bags Marvel used in the printing process. One has a solid white logo on it, others have a more transparent white.
If you get the solid white logo on the bag, you’re out of luck. But the transparent white ones are just transparent enough that, if you look with the light at the right angle, you can identity a black logo cover over a blue logo cover.
See a black cover logo, hello $300…
- Marvel’s Hasbro Panel At San Diego Comic-Con In 85 Photos - July 22, 2017
- New Thor: Ragnarok Poster Released To Dazzle The Senses - July 22, 2017
- Miracleman Is Coming. Just Not Yet. Wait. - July 22, 2017
- Motor Crush #9 Will Be A Flashback Issue Drawn By Cameron Stewart With Babs Tarr On Colours - July 22, 2017
- Yes, Frank Castle Is 100% Putting On The War Machine Armour For Marvel Legacy - July 22, 2017