Total Recall and Rambo producer Andy Vajna is preparing a Czech-filmed picture about the Communist show trials of Hungary. The film will apparently focus on the execution of Hungarian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Laszlo Rajk in 1949. According to Budapest Life, Daniel Craig will be appearing as the executioner who killed Rajk, alongside his Dream House co-star Rachel Weisz in an as-yet unspecified role. Production is set to begin in March.
While no more details are given, I’d assume that the film will be in the English language and… nope. That’s it. Everything else would be a blind guess.
The fate of Rajk was previously dramatised in Istvan Szabo’s Sunshine, though it was a very fictionalised account with names and details changed significantly.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014