Aaron Sorkin is currently working on two projects: a feature film called The Politician, based on a non-fiction book about John Edwards, the former Democratic nominee for Vice President; and a TV series about the behind-the-scenes goings on at a US cable news station. Two new wheels right in his wheelhouse.
Appearing on the BBC this morning, ostensibly to promote The Social Network on DVD and Blu-ray, Sorkin also gave some details of these two upcoming prospects. Here’s the clip.
In short, he’s yet to write the screenplay for The Politician. John Edwards has called Sorkin up recently and wants to meet, which Sorkin believes is so he might offer his “side of the story” for inclusion in the film.
Sorkin notes that his plan for ensuring the quality of his debut film as director is to surround himself with collaborators all of whom are more talented than he is. Tall order, Mr. Sorkin, but the modesty is endeering.
In preparation, Sorkin says, he has spent time observing at CNN and Fox News, and has spoken to some high-profile broadcasters. And meanwhile, he’s already written the pilot, which he says is casting now. I’d imagine we’ll be seeing that on HBO shortly then – and then, not too long after that, on the UK’s new Sky Atlantic, our new “home of HBO”.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014