A Star is Born is getting yet another iteration, this time courtesy of director Clint Eastwood. According to Deadline, Beyonce Knowles has won the lead role, previously known as Esther Blodget twice and Esther Hoffman the third time around. As for the male lead, Ms. Nikki Finke suggests P. Diddy, Robert Downey Jr., Eddie Murphy, Jon Hamm or “any white guy imaginable”.
So I’m imaginging Michael Richards, just for fun. Now it’s Bernard Manning. I don’t think it should matter that he’s dead.
The producers this time around are to be Billy Gerber and Jon Peters, previously responsible for the Streisand do-over. The new script has been written by Will Fetters, co-author of the Robert Pattinson melodrama Remember Me.
I don’t particularly want a remake of A Star is Born, but I quite actively reject one that teams Clint Eastwood and Beyonce Knowles. Well, until I see something to convince me otherwise.
Here’s the trailer for George Cukor’s superior version, starring Judy Garland.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCTiH6OKsVY
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014