In their report on Two Guns, Deadline set the film up like this:
About a DEA agent and an undercover naval intelligence officer who unwittingly while they are stealing mob money.
Unwittingly what? Answers on a postcard, or the back of a stuck-down envelope please.
David O. Russell has entered into negotiations to take the film on as a rewriting and directing assignment. Vince Vaughn, who Russell was also looking to work with on Old St. Louis, would star.
Deadline haven’t reported it, but this would be based upon Steven Grant and Mateus Santolouco’s comic book series of the same name. The comic’s original blurb pitched it like this:
In the vein of Ocean’s Eleven and The Italian Job, Two Guns is a pulp story about cops and thieves and the men that are something in between.
This project would presumably come after Russell’s Uncharted, and possibly after the propose The Silver Linings Playbook and Old St. Louis. Of course, anything might change and it could replace any of the above. Or he might make something entirely different.
Bottom line, though, is if Russell turns up on set to shoot a film, it’s a film I’m going to look forward to.
UPDATE: The Hollywood Reporter recognise the story’s provenance in comics and report that Russell may, in fact, make this picture before Uncharted. That could be tight…
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014