Dynasty producer Richard Shapiro says he has plans to bring the franchise back to life. Instead of dragging it back into primetime, where it could have squared off against the upcoming Dallas redux, just for old times’ sake, Shapiro says the new Dynasty is to be a feature film prequel to the once-mighty soap:
It’s not the wild and crazy 1960s, but the early Kennedy years. The story will focus on Blake’s discovery that he’s heir to the Carrington empire and his love affair with Alexis…
It was my daughter Florie’s notion to do a prequel, and that sounded very very good to us. It’s how young Blake doesn’t realize he’s the son of Tom Carrington, but then he finds himself at the head of this company and surrounded by assassins and people who want to do him in.
Literal assassins? I would imagine not, but, then again, this was the show that gave us “The Moldavian Massacre.” One episode ended, quite suddenly, when terrorists burst into a chapel where several of the main characters were assembled for a wedding. The terrorists sprayed the room with bullets, and everybody was left lying on the floor… until next time, when we learned that only two characters had actually been killed.
The movie script, Shapiro tells Marc Malkin, is to be shopped to studios soon. Let’s see how far they get with this crazy scheme.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014