Stan Lee has done such a good job of telling (read: tweeting) this story himself, I’m just going to hand this over to him. We’ll begin with his teasing prologue, from last night:
Uh oh! Hold everything! I just had the most exciting phone message– but Joanie’s calling me for dinner. Tell you tomorrow. Excelsior!
And let’s skip forward now to the narrative proper, as he told it today:
It’s been an exciting week for me, but I got a phone call last night that really flipped me out! I’m bustin’ to tell you about it–
My pal Avi Arad, producer of the new Spider-Man movie, called to tell me how excited he is about the film. Then came the surprise—
Avi told me my cameo is all set for Spidey 4, and when he described it, I realized it’s the best, most unusual one yet!
I wish I could tell you what my cameo is, but that would kill the surprise. But I’ll tell you this much—I’m finally in an action scene!
Since it’s common knowledge that people go to the movies just to see my cameos, I don’t know why EVERY movie doesn’t have one for me.
After we save the world, our next mission will be to convince Hollywood to have an Oscar for Best Cameo. Till then—Excelsior!
So, what do you reckon? Stan Lee’s going to play a dangerous, deranged bank robber with a habit to feed?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014