It was a role once earmarked for Noomi Rapace, but ultimately, Gemma Arterton has taken the prize and will now star alongside Jeremy Renner in Tommy Wirkola’s Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters. This action movie sequel to the Grimm’s fairy tale will see the brother and sister all grown up and working as bounty hunters who specialise in witches.
Renner’s schedule is pretty packed, but filming on Witch Hunters has been slotted in to go between Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol and The Avengers. Wirkola will kick off his short, sharp Berlin shoot on March 7, so I guess Gemma won’t be at my birthday party after all.
I wasn’t a fan of Wirkola’s Dead Snow, but plenty were. Renner and Arterton I like, however, and there’s probably a lot of fun to be had taking characters from fairy tales, letting them grow up a bit and then coming back to see where they’re at.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014