For a good while now, that most voracious of cineastes, Mr. Quentin Tarantino has annually been asked for – and happily provided – his list of favourite films of the year. Here’s his top 20 for 2010.
- Toy Story 3
- The Social Network
- Animal Kingdom
- I Am Love
- True Grit
- The Town
- Enter The Void
- Knight and Day
- Get Him To The Greek
- The Fighter
- The Kings Speech
- The Kids Are All Right
- How To Train Your Dragon
- Robin Hood
- Jackass 3-D
This list was provided by The Quentin Tarantino Archives, who call it an exclusive and appear to have procured it directly from the man himself. Only one title on the list was accompanied by any form of commentary, and that was 10. Enter the Void, about which Tarantino said:
Hands down best credit scene of the year … Maybe best credit scene of the decade. One of the greatest in cinema history.
Here are those very credits now:
Okay, they certainly engage you, so I’ll give him that. But the rest of the film…? And the… um… climax?
Incidentally, eight of those picks were in my own 51 Films from 2010 That You Really Shouldn’t Have Missed, another is in my upcoming 25 Exciting Films For 2011 That You Might Not Know About Yet, and two more I haven’t seen yet. How would your list compare?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014