Before we go on, just check your calendar. It’s December 27th, not April 1st. Now, knowing that, do carry on.
LG have announced that Ennio Morricone is composing the ringtone music for their upcoming Optimus 2X mobile phone handset. As well as fifteen newly minted tunes, there will also be ten of Morricone’s classics from his amazing back catalogue of scores.
Well, it’s new Morricone. That’s not a bad thing, is it? And the whole idea is that they won’t sound like ring tunes because this phone has impressive audio capabilities.
If, by some remote chance, you’re not familiar with Morricone’s work on such amazingly scored-pictures as Leone’s Man With No Name trilogy, Danger Diabolik, and The Thing, I’ve compiled a very quick Spotify playlist for you.
LG say that they’ll also be launching a series of Morricone related apps, including images and video clips, alongside the tunes. Yeah, and while they’re busy doing that, I’ll be busy trying to find some other way of listening to or procuring the new Morricone music without having to buy a mobile phone that I don’t want.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014