Thanks to drinking partner Stuart Nathan for jumping on this from a BAE project leader.
The BAE Future Projects Vehicles department has developed seven proposals for ground warfare solutions. These include remote-controlled armed robots, unmanned stealth scout vehicles, automated convoy systems and… the Raider, described as “a small, highly agile autonomous reconnaisance and attack vehicle which can carry a variety of payloads”
Here it is.
Which reminded Stuart rather a lot of this;
So a journalist at the press conference said “I like that. Looks like the Batmobile.” And Hisham Awad replied;
“Glad you said that. That’s what we based it on…Yes, we liked the look of that, so we designed something similar… You see, it turns like a motorbike and it has the same wheel configuration.”
“In all seriousness, we decided that we didn’t have a monopoly on inspiration, and if we saw something in a film that we thought might be a good idea, why not take a look at it and see if there’s something practical we can develop?”
As Stuart points out, I do hope they’ve seen Tron Legacy…
- Comics Folk Eat Popcorn While Reading The #FyreFestival Hashtag… - April 28, 2017
- Unboxing April 2017’s Loot Crate And Skybound – With Comics From X-Files To Extremity… - April 28, 2017
- Digital Sales Down, Print Sales Up, The Paperback Is Powering Back Up - April 28, 2017
- There Will Be Two America #4 Comics In Comic Stores A Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017
- Two Iowa Comic Book Stores Close, One Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017