We already knew that the Toy Story story is over but not really over. While chapter 3 appears to have closed the book quite conclusively on the the feature film franchise, a series of spin-off shorts have been announced for the next few years. The first of these, it has been confirmed, will be attached to Cars 2.
We now have some basic details of this short, courtesy of Disney vet and sometime Pixar story artist Floyd Norman. Here’s what he tweeted today:
Saw the Pixar “Hawaii” short. Cute. Ken and Barbie want to go to Hawaii. I don’t know what it’s gonna be attached to. Fun stuff, however.
I’m assuming they don’t make it.
That Ken and Barbie are in the picture together suggests that the film takes place either during or after the events of Toy Story 3, and most likely after. It’s a brave new, Andy-less world we’re headed to.
I’m glad we’ll be seeing more of Buzz, Woody, Barbie, Ken and all but I’ll be disappointed if this wave of Toy Story Shorts denies us any original Pixar mini-movies. Right up until and including this year’s Night and Day they’ve proven to be real treats.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014