Supposition Alert! Arooga Arooga!
Marvel declared that in 2010 there would be no more cross-company crossovers. Shadowland didn’t count apparently, it was only a few books. Also The Heroic Age was more of a banner than an event. But could they have been telling the first few chapters of the big 2011 event without labelling it as such?
And are we looking at a Marvel war between Earth and Mars?
These were labelled by Killraven as Martians (and heavily resemble the creature/machines from HG Wells’ War Of The Worlds), dragged through to the present day by Kang’s time meddling. Which it appears he has, and will be doing, a lot of.
Time travelling Martians? And in this week’s Invincible Iron Man written by Matt Fraction we see…
Earlier this week, in a press release, Marvel highlighted what they called their Marvel Architects, the writers at the very core of the company’s storytelling;
· Brian Michael Bendis, writer of Avengers, New Avengers, Death of Spider-Man, the upcoming Moon Knight and an upcoming top secret project
· Matt Fraction, writer of Thor, Invincible Iron Man, and a top secret upcoming event
· Ed Brubaker, writer of Captain America, Secret Avengers and top secret upcoming new series
· Jonathan Hickman, writer of Fantastic Four, S.H.I.E.L.D. and a top secret upcoming new series
· Jason Aaron, writer of Wolverine, Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine and a top secret upcoming new series
“These are five of the top writers in comics and they’re writing some of the best Marvel Comics ever” said C.B. Cebulski, SVP Creator & Content Development. “Each of their projects lays the groundwork for the future of the Marvel Universe and in 2011, their plans—which are being seeded in their current work as we speak—will come to fruition. There’s never been a better time to be a Marvel fan.”
Maybe keep on eye on these creators books for any more Tripods? It looks like the future of the Marvel Universe… may well depend upon the future of Mars…