So, Tom Hardy’s role in Chris Nolan’s next Batmovie, The Dark Knight Rises, looks like it is going to be Dr. Hugo Strange after all. I’ve been very sceptical about this rumour before, but if there’s proof, or at least evidence, I’m obviously going to melt.
So where’s this proof? Well, over at Aint It Cool, Harry Knowles says:
It seems that Chris & Jonathan Nolan and that David Goyer have been digging deep for the villain. In fact, Batman first went up against this guy in 1940 in the pages of Detective Comics. The word is, Tom Hardy is playing Dr. Hugo Strange, who has a bit of an obsession surrounding The Batman. Strange how common that seems to be in Gotham. In fact – it seems that Nolan and crew are exploiting that great Prey arc that was written by Doug Moench and illustrated by the great Paul Gulacy and Terry Austin – and ran from September of 1990 to February 1991.
Okay… but, sure, there’s no proof there. Where can I find it?
Here’s Harry, chipping in via the “Talkback” below that very story:
I didn’t see that hit… but I was shown ‘proof’ in a manner of speaking that convinced me to go with this.
In a manner of speaking? Okay. So there’s maybe proof. Sort of. That we can’t be privy to.
If Knowles is convinced, then I think I’ll roll with this idea for now. He must be sent any number of crackerjack stories and if he was just naive enough to run them all, the site would be a whole lot fatter and nuttier. While I’m not sure he saw any proof, I expect there was probably some pretty compelling evidence. That’s a whole flight of steps up from where we were before.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014