While Boom! are already collecting some of Floyd Gottfredson’s Mickey Mouse comics, Fantagraphics will be going back to the man’s original work on the character, the newspaper strip from the thirties. Taking over from Walt Disney himself, Gottfredson reinvented Mickey as an action hero, fist-fighting his way across rough terrain and rough opponents – the kind of adventures you’d never see him have now.
And following Fantagraphics’ collection of the likes of Peanuts, they are doing the same to this classic strip, never before compreghensively collected in English. Volume One, Race To Death Valley will be 260 pages in thick hardcover format and available in May.
- Free Comic Book Day Event Cancelled In Florida Because It Wouldn’t Mix Well With The Art Crowd… - April 29, 2017
- Comics Folk Eat Popcorn While Reading The #FyreFestival Hashtag… - April 28, 2017
- Unboxing April 2017’s Loot Crate And Skybound – With Comics From X-Files To Extremity… - April 28, 2017
- Digital Sales Down, Print Sales Up, The Paperback Is Powering Back Up - April 28, 2017
- There Will Be Two America #4 Comics In Comic Stores A Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017