While Boom! are already collecting some of Floyd Gottfredson’s Mickey Mouse comics, Fantagraphics will be going back to the man’s original work on the character, the newspaper strip from the thirties. Taking over from Walt Disney himself, Gottfredson reinvented Mickey as an action hero, fist-fighting his way across rough terrain and rough opponents – the kind of adventures you’d never see him have now.
And following Fantagraphics’ collection of the likes of Peanuts, they are doing the same to this classic strip, never before compreghensively collected in English. Volume One, Race To Death Valley will be 260 pages in thick hardcover format and available in May.
- Gendercrunching Quarterly, Autumn 2017: Marvel and DC Comics - January 22, 2018
- 22-Page Preview of Blue Baron #1 with Ron Frenz and Sal Buscema – Another 64-Page $3.99 Sitcomic - January 22, 2018
- Petition for Geoff Johns to Make the Joker Gay “Again” - January 22, 2018
- Steve Geppi to Give the Keynote Speech at Diamond’s 2018 Retailer Summit – What Will He Say About 2017? - January 22, 2018
- Cable Artist Jon Malin on Nazis, Marvel, SJWs, X-Men… and Shell Beach - January 22, 2018