Congress Of The Animals is the first full length graphic novel by Jim Woodring in his Frank series.
It stars, as ever, Frank, this mixture of 1930 animal cartoons with a medical textbook fropped in a vat of LSD. Surreal is a word too easily used when describing this creatures world, The Unifactor, that keeps him in a perpetual status quo
That all changes with the new book, scheduled for April 2011, as Frank leaves The Unifactor for the first time for new worlds. He loses his job, has to take a factory job and deal with all sorts of calamity in order to find what he needs.
And then try and bring it back with him.
Frank kind of lives in an uncanny valley of his own, somewhere between cute and harrowing, providing different audiences with very different reading experiences indeed. As for me, it lives somewhere underneath my eyelids, 24 7…
A 104 page hardcover, the book will be sold at $19.99 retail.
- Green Lanterns #40 – “No Politics, No Complications” - January 23, 2018
- Showrunner of Lucifer Teams with Lucifer Artist for Skyward from Image Comics - January 23, 2018
- Now You Can Buy Star Wars Porg Sneakers – but Are They Made from Porgs? We Find Out - January 23, 2018
- Northguard Season 2 #1 and #2 Both Published Tomorrow – Here’s a Preview of Both - January 23, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Telepathetic #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 23, 2018