Congress Of The Animals is the first full length graphic novel by Jim Woodring in his Frank series.
It stars, as ever, Frank, this mixture of 1930 animal cartoons with a medical textbook fropped in a vat of LSD. Surreal is a word too easily used when describing this creatures world, The Unifactor, that keeps him in a perpetual status quo
That all changes with the new book, scheduled for April 2011, as Frank leaves The Unifactor for the first time for new worlds. He loses his job, has to take a factory job and deal with all sorts of calamity in order to find what he needs.
And then try and bring it back with him.
Frank kind of lives in an uncanny valley of his own, somewhere between cute and harrowing, providing different audiences with very different reading experiences indeed. As for me, it lives somewhere underneath my eyelids, 24 7…
A 104 page hardcover, the book will be sold at $19.99 retail.
- People Are Adding “Nick Spencer Disclaimers” To Their Captain America T-Shirts - April 23, 2017
- Dark Matter Widens The Divide At DC Comics Between Dan DiDio And Geoff Johns - April 23, 2017
- Killing The 5 Year Timeline – Superman, Flash And Blue Beetle Spoilers For The Week Ahead, Rumbling Around C2E2 (UPDATE) - April 23, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 23rd April 2017 – Batman And Superman Beat Secret Empire, But Redneck And Monstress Rocket Up The Chart - April 23, 2017
- No Gays In Nineties X-Men? That’s What Greek Gods And Goddesses Are For… - April 23, 2017