Congress Of The Animals is the first full length graphic novel by Jim Woodring in his Frank series.
It stars, as ever, Frank, this mixture of 1930 animal cartoons with a medical textbook fropped in a vat of LSD. Surreal is a word too easily used when describing this creatures world, The Unifactor, that keeps him in a perpetual status quo
That all changes with the new book, scheduled for April 2011, as Frank leaves The Unifactor for the first time for new worlds. He loses his job, has to take a factory job and deal with all sorts of calamity in order to find what he needs.
And then try and bring it back with him.
Frank kind of lives in an uncanny valley of his own, somewhere between cute and harrowing, providing different audiences with very different reading experiences indeed. As for me, it lives somewhere underneath my eyelids, 24 7…
A 104 page hardcover, the book will be sold at $19.99 retail.
- Captain America #695 Lenticular Cover By Alex Ross Homages John Romita Jr. And Bob Layton’s Iron Man - July 27, 2017
- Rich Johnston At The London Film And Comic Con Tomorrow, Table 38 - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of That Feminist Agenda T-Shirt (Marvel Comics Spoilers) - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of Wizard Magazine: A Guide To Comics? - July 27, 2017
- Transformers: Lost Light #8 Features Trans Women Transformers - July 27, 2017