Congress Of The Animals is the first full length graphic novel by Jim Woodring in his Frank series.
It stars, as ever, Frank, this mixture of 1930 animal cartoons with a medical textbook fropped in a vat of LSD. Surreal is a word too easily used when describing this creatures world, The Unifactor, that keeps him in a perpetual status quo
That all changes with the new book, scheduled for April 2011, as Frank leaves The Unifactor for the first time for new worlds. He loses his job, has to take a factory job and deal with all sorts of calamity in order to find what he needs.
And then try and bring it back with him.
Frank kind of lives in an uncanny valley of his own, somewhere between cute and harrowing, providing different audiences with very different reading experiences indeed. As for me, it lives somewhere underneath my eyelids, 24 7…
A 104 page hardcover, the book will be sold at $19.99 retail.
- We Are All Monsters – A Cadaver’s Confession - January 22, 2017
- Through The Eyes Of An Elephant-Man - January 22, 2017
- ‘Bout Time … Deadpool Meets Gwenpool - January 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017