Cages is possibly my favourite comic book of all time. Written and drawn by Dave McKean, it’s a dazzling mix of narrative and artistic style that travels from the terraces to the gods. I read it every year, usually with a few glasses of whisky and the fire burning. Wonderful.
His new book may get even more odder glances from the family. Celluloid is a 232 page hardcover erotic graphic novel, priced at $35 and scheduled for June.
As Alan Moore and Melinda Gebbie attempted with Lost Girls, Dave McKean is siming to create both pornography but also something “beautiful, mysterious and engages the mind.”
In Celluloid a woman discovers a reel of film which opens a door into another world. A sexy, sexy world.
The book is also being published in French by Delcourt.
- A Drinking, Dancing Pig Explores His Weird World In ‘Hamfam’, Now On Kickstarter - August 19, 2017
- ‘Mech Cadet Yu’ By Greg Pak And Takeshi Miyazawa Will Be An Ongoing Series - August 19, 2017
- We Talk To The Supergirl Cosplayer “Along For The Ride” At The White Nationalist Rally In Charlottesville - August 19, 2017
- Writer’s Perspective: What I Learned From Creating ‘Robots Vs. Princesses’ - August 19, 2017
- Comic Store In Your Future: The Secret Empire Sales Drop - August 19, 2017