Cages is possibly my favourite comic book of all time. Written and drawn by Dave McKean, it’s a dazzling mix of narrative and artistic style that travels from the terraces to the gods. I read it every year, usually with a few glasses of whisky and the fire burning. Wonderful.
His new book may get even more odder glances from the family. Celluloid is a 232 page hardcover erotic graphic novel, priced at $35 and scheduled for June.
As Alan Moore and Melinda Gebbie attempted with Lost Girls, Dave McKean is siming to create both pornography but also something “beautiful, mysterious and engages the mind.”
In Celluloid a woman discovers a reel of film which opens a door into another world. A sexy, sexy world.
The book is also being published in French by Delcourt.
- 10 Rules For Hiring Indie Comics Artists - June 24, 2017
- Velveteen Rabbit Made Real With David Mack And A Full Orchestra - June 24, 2017
- Spreading The Anthology Love Through Kickstarter - June 24, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: World Enough And Time – They Call Her Doctor Who! - June 24, 2017
- Gosh Comics Celebrates Pride London With Dazzling Window Display - June 24, 2017