Cages is possibly my favourite comic book of all time. Written and drawn by Dave McKean, it’s a dazzling mix of narrative and artistic style that travels from the terraces to the gods. I read it every year, usually with a few glasses of whisky and the fire burning. Wonderful.
His new book may get even more odder glances from the family. Celluloid is a 232 page hardcover erotic graphic novel, priced at $35 and scheduled for June.
As Alan Moore and Melinda Gebbie attempted with Lost Girls, Dave McKean is siming to create both pornography but also something “beautiful, mysterious and engages the mind.”
In Celluloid a woman discovers a reel of film which opens a door into another world. A sexy, sexy world.
The book is also being published in French by Delcourt.
- The Daily LITG – 16th November 2018 – Self Made Heroes - November 16, 2018
- Marvel Cancels All Of Star Wars: Shadow Of Vader by Chuck Wendig - November 15, 2018
- Fantastic Four #6 Jumps to a 60 Page Story – and Two Dollars More - November 15, 2018
- Stan Lee Tribute to Run on Marvel Comics Covers in December and January - November 15, 2018
- Chip Zdarsky and Marco Checchetto Relaunch Daredevil #1 in February - November 15, 2018