Cages is possibly my favourite comic book of all time. Written and drawn by Dave McKean, it’s a dazzling mix of narrative and artistic style that travels from the terraces to the gods. I read it every year, usually with a few glasses of whisky and the fire burning. Wonderful.
His new book may get even more odder glances from the family. Celluloid is a 232 page hardcover erotic graphic novel, priced at $35 and scheduled for June.
As Alan Moore and Melinda Gebbie attempted with Lost Girls, Dave McKean is siming to create both pornography but also something “beautiful, mysterious and engages the mind.”
In Celluloid a woman discovers a reel of film which opens a door into another world. A sexy, sexy world.
The book is also being published in French by Delcourt.
- Comic Store In Your Future – Why I’m Hiring a New Employee - March 17, 2018
- In the Wake of Doomsday Clock, DC Comics Collects Don McGregor and Gene Colan’s Nathaniel Dusk - March 17, 2018
- Jim Lee’s First Two Pages for Brian Bendis’ Action Comics #1000 – and a Six Hour Video of Him Drawing One - March 17, 2018
- 481 3rd Ave – the New Location for JHU in New York City - March 17, 2018
- Diamond Drops Prices of DC Comics Collections in the UK - March 17, 2018