Cages is possibly my favourite comic book of all time. Written and drawn by Dave McKean, it’s a dazzling mix of narrative and artistic style that travels from the terraces to the gods. I read it every year, usually with a few glasses of whisky and the fire burning. Wonderful.
His new book may get even more odder glances from the family. Celluloid is a 232 page hardcover erotic graphic novel, priced at $35 and scheduled for June.
As Alan Moore and Melinda Gebbie attempted with Lost Girls, Dave McKean is siming to create both pornography but also something “beautiful, mysterious and engages the mind.”
In Celluloid a woman discovers a reel of film which opens a door into another world. A sexy, sexy world.
The book is also being published in French by Delcourt.
- Expect A New Main X-Men Title And Star Wars Title Announced Soon – ECCC? - February 26, 2017
- Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes – Spider-Man, Flash, Star Wars, Harley Quinn And Unworthy Thor - February 25, 2017
- When Spider-Man Threw Up A Gang Signal To The Latin Kings Of Chicago - February 25, 2017
- When Five Guys Noticed Their Plug In Spider-Man - February 25, 2017
- Unboxing The February 2017 ZBox – Superheroines! And Everyone Fights Over Wonder Woman! - February 25, 2017