The next sentence has the power to make heads explode: According to a job ad being handed back and forth between animators, Aardman Animation and Disney are teaming up for a new project. Okay, so not everybody’s head is going to go Full Vesuvius, but I can feel my skull throbbing with joy.
The project in question is Counterfeit Cat, a new TV series created by Aardman old-hand Andy Lavery. Here’s the plot outline I was e-mailed:
Max has been living happily as a pampered cat. He gets ejected from his home by an alien called Gort* who has disguised himself as a cat and usurped Max’s place in the house.
Apparently Aardman and Disney are looking for somebody with retro-yet-contemporary sensibilities to contribute “graphic, emotive” character designs. That’s maybe a bit confusing, so they apparently cite Ragnar and his book Got Your Nose as an example of the style they’re into for this show. Here’s the cover:
I assume Ragnar already turned the gig down?
*Gort. Of course. Again.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014