Holy heck. The first TV spot for Julie Taymor’s Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark reveals her take on Kraven the Hunter, gives us a good look at her Carnage and shows us some scenes in progress. Add to this a little bit of behind-the-scenes footage and mask-making and, well… I watched it four times back to back.
I wonder if the rendering of Kraven as a masked, big-headed creature hints at something important about Taymor’s take on the material, something we also see reflected in the shot of the huge Green Goblin projected on the backdrop. It seems like Taymor is keeping the villains at an arm’s length from reality, like nightmares, figments, representations. Not quite canon, eh?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014