The first Grandville book, a steam punk romantic anthropormophic thriller, starring a badger halfway between Sherlock Holmes and James Bond, has been followed by Grandville Mon Amour, currently going through a “soft launch” and available in bookshops shortly.
But before most people get a chance to buy the second, Bryan Talbot has announced his third book in the series, Grandville Bête Noire.
The books are set in both England and France in a world where England was defeated in the Napoleonic Wars and is currently struggling with establishing its own independence, and is published by Jonathan Cape in the UK and Dark Horse Comics in the US.
As well as a French location in the books, Grandville was also the pen name of French caricaturist Jean Ignace Isadore Gérard who drew people as humanoid animal.
Bryan Talbot will be conducting a presentation of Grandville Mon Amour next Tuesday evening at the Coach House in Richmond-Upon-Thames.
- Comic Store In Your Future – Be Thankful For My Little Pony - November 23, 2017
- Would You Like Your Monsters Unleashed #8 Mixed With A Little Luke Cage #167? - November 23, 2017
- Vault Comics Launches Return Of The Graveyard Gang By Eliot Rahal And Felipe Cunha In February 2018 Solicits - November 23, 2017
- Zenescope Launches Philadelphia Superhero Series, The Musketeers, In February 2018 Solicits - November 23, 2017
- Another 200 Graphic Novels And TPBs Liquidated By DC Comics To Retailers – G To W - November 23, 2017