How can I be saying that Superman casting has just gotten underway when there have been rumours for weeks, months even years? Because the Superman casting has only just gotten underway. Forget those rumours right now.
Over at Deadline, Finke and Fleming have collaborated on a story that gives us some indication of just who Warner Bros. and director Zack Snyder are looking for:
The actor will likely either be a discovery, or an actor from TV who isn’t yet a big star. And he’ll be in the age range of 28-32.
So, that’s the new info on casting. Not a lot to go on, but it would suggest we can shut up already about Jon Hamm (too old) and Armie Hammer (too young).
Though, actually, didn’t we give up on them already?
The casting is going to be a long process, the say, with Warners likely to look at hundreds of candidates.
Elsewhere in the same story, it’s noted that production is likely to start in or around June of next year. This not only acknowledges the ongoing legal situation with Superman movie rights, it puts a lot of TV actors out of contention – the film will be shooting at the same time as their series.
Though if Olivia Wilde can get time off from House for Cowboys and Aliens… and well all know about Michael J. Fox moonlighting on Back to the Future after his days on Family Ties…
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014